Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hallmark Master Artist Linda Sickman Retires

Effective April 1st, 2008 Linda Sickman has retired from Hallmark. She will be sorely missed by Hallmark ornament collectors.
Linda began her career with Hallmark in 1963. She joined the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament division when it was first formed. Linda's ornament creations have graced the Hallmark Keepsake line since 1975, beginning with the Nostalgia collection ornaments. Linda Sickman sculpted many popular Hallmark ornament series through her career including the Hallmark Rocking Horse series, Clothespin Soldiers Series, Tin Locomotives, and Peace on Earth. More recently she was responsible for the Pony for Christmas series, Noelville series and Doorways Around the World series. Her Hallmark ornament contributions are vast, numbering over 400. Thousands of Hallmark Ornament collectors count Linda as their very favorite Hallmark Artist.
Linda, we at http://www.hookedonornaments.com/ will miss your wonderful creations, and join Hallmark ornament collectors worldwide in wishing you health and happiness in your retirement years.

Linda's farewell message...
To everyone who has loved a Keepsake Ornament, On March 11th, I celebrated 45 amazing years with Hallmark Cards. During my anniversary celebration, I announced my retirement. I will leave Hallmark on April 1st, taking with me an abundance of gratitude and wonderful memories.
I cannot tell you how much joy I feel when I think of all the good people I have met at ornament events over the years. From the beginning, I have personally experienced so much change along with you. What a privilege it has been to sit down, chat with collectors and share stories of our families, our sorrows, and our life joys. These have been special times for me.
Working as a Keepsake artist has brought many changes to my life, too. From starting with a staff of four artists to growing into a studio of more than twenty. From sculpting with industrial clay to designing with the wax we use today. From developing a line of glass balls to creating an array of handcrafted ornaments. And from a variety of materials – plastic, tin, porcelain, silver, cold cast with moving parts and attachments galore – to make ornaments that tell stories, warm hearts, and celebrate cherished moments. With your interests and loyalty, you have inspired us. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all of your support and love.
As time goes by, many aspects of our lives change, as well as what becomes most important. The one thing that has never changed throughout my life is how priceless my family and friends are to me. I have found that I want and need to spend more quality time with them. By putting my professional career aside, I will have the opportunity to create new memories with the ones I love. Every day, we are called on to help with God’s work.
I have had the time of my life. Thanks to all the loyal fans and collectors who have made it so.
Fondly,
Linda Sickman
*Source of farewell message, Hallmark Cards, Inc For Keeps publication

Your Hallmark Ornament destination Hooked on Ornaments http://www.hookedonornaments.com/
"We're Hooked on Hallmark Ornaments!"

No comments: