Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Run, Rudolph, Run and Hallmark Guitar Ornaments

Today I'm still hard at work adding 2010 Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments to the Hooked on Ornaments database/website. I just added the 2010 Run, Rudolph, Run ornament and thought I'd share some thoughts on Hallmark guitar ornaments. Electric guitar, classic guitar, Hallmark has included both in the Keepsake designs.


For this ornament in particular, I have to say "Run, Rudolph, Run" has to be one of my all time favorite Christmas songs. Although, my apologies to Chuck Berry, I really thought the name of the song was "Run, Run, Rudolph". The ornament itself, at least comparing pictures, is very similar to the 2009 Jingle Bell Rock. Here's a pic and I'll let you compare...

The 2009 Jingle Bell Rock, has a base coat of red, while the 2010 has a base coat of white. The 2009 has white control knobs, the 2010's knobs are black. The background behind the bells on the 2009 ornament is gold, on the 2010 the background is red. All in all, they appear quite similar. Honestly, I love them both! I can see a whole themed tree for my teenaged son's room. He would love it.

Perhaps you're asking, "That's great Rhonda, but what about other guitar ornaments?" Well, you're in luck, because Hallmark has made quite a few! There were actually three ornaments in 2009 that featured a guitar - Jingle Bell Rock, of course, but there was also Scooby Doo "rockin' it", as well as, Snoopy and Woodstock. But Hallmark's first guitar ornament was the 1986 Christmas Guitar.

Through the years there have been a number of Hallmark Keepsakes that feature a guitar as the main design or as an integral part of the design. Here are the ones that you'll find at www.hookedonhallmark.com when you search the site for "guitar"

1986 Christmas Guitar
1992 Feliz Navidad
1992 Elvis
2001 Heart of Collecting
2003 Rock N Roll Stitch
2004 Feliz Navidad
2006 Kid Speak - Music
2008 Feliz Navidad
2009 Jingle Bell Rock
2009 Christmas Rocks
2009 Rock Star Scooby Doo
2010 Jingle Jamboree
2010 Run Rudolph Run

Of course, I'm still working on the 2010s so there may be more for this year. As for past years, we try to update search terms as we find relevant items, so its possible there are other ornaments, but those are definitely the main ones.

Hope you enjoyed the impromptu post! Hope everyone has a "Rockin!" day.
Rhonda

No comments: