Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
- Winner of the Joyce Lyle Seraphina Angel figure was Carol Brown from Robinson, KS!
- Winner of the Chris Webb basket of ornaments was Millie Williamson of El Dorado Springs, MO!
- Winner of the Mother's Day basket was Laura Clairborne of Olathe, KS!
- Winner of the Lou Rankin "Pucker Up" frog figure was Marty Fuller of Overland Park, KS!
Chris Webb and Joyce Lyle were so generous with their time and were a delight to visit with.
Debbie Mora was with us from the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Club. Debbie brought along a great selection of ornaments from the 2010 line for a special sneek peek!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Santa's suit's been cleaned and pressed-
on Christmas Eve, he'll be "Best Dressed"!
Till then it's hanging safe and sound
with favorite toys all gathered round!
One of the most fun traditions in the Keepsakes studio is the collaboration on the annual event piece - each artist loves to add his or her special touch! This year's piece is Santa's Armoire, where, it is imagined, Santa's freshly cleaned outfit is stored along with some of his favorite toys.
Design Concept & Art Direction: Edythe Kegrize
Armoire Structure: Robert Hurlburt
Scene on Door: Robert Chad
Santa Head on Front: Valerie Shanks
Mouse on Top: Katrina Bricker
Carved Holly Detail: Don Palmiter
Back of Armoire: Terri Steiger
Tugboat: Orville Wilson
Doll: Tammy Haddix
Duck Pull Toy: Sharon Visker
Drum: Steve Goslin
Penguin: Joanne Eschrich
Bear: Nina Aube
Train: Ken Crow
Robot: Nello Williams
Rocking Horse: Tracy Larsen
Soldier: Cullen Brown
Mirror: Tom Best
Santa's Hat: Ruth Donikowski
Santa's Coat: Julie Forsyth
Santa's Boots: Anita Marra Rogers
Cat Toy: Kristina Kline-Gaughran
Reindeer Toy: Becky Hottel
Clown Jack in the Box: Sue Tague
Color Team: Deb Murray, Diana McGehee, Lisa Vogel
Bottom Technical Touches: Rodney Gentry
Monday, April 12, 2010
- In March local clubs received a KOC shipment including a thank you DVD featuring some of the Keepsake Studio Artists, a game to be played at a local club meeting, and a special pin for each local club member.
- In April, KOC will formally announce the Local Club Instore Signing Event Challenge winners. (You can find the preliminary information here.)
- This spring local club members will have an opportunity to purchase specially designed merchandise from KOC - a shirt, a tote bag and a key ring to begin with.
- Additional celebration details will be announced as they are finalized.
Throughout the year local clubs are invited to send KOC details about their activities and community service projects. One local club will be featured each month on www.KOCmembers.com Be sure to submit your club's information including a one page letter detailing your clubs 2010 plans, anything new, different or exciting that your club is planning and things that might set your club apart. Your club should also include at least one photo of your club. Additional information can be found at http://www.kocmembers.com/
NEWS to SHARE
(Each issue of Collectively Speaking also includes news articles of interest to local club members)
2010 Special Collectors Edition
If you've been following us on Twitter or Facebook you know that KOC members are once again enjoying a special edition of the Dreambook in 2010. This large magazine-sized version of the Dream Book features beautiful photographs of the 2010 Keepsake line, behind-the-scenes stories and a wish list. The Special Edition Dream Books were mailed last week. The online Dream Book is slated to be available at www.KOCmembers.com in mid April. If you're not a member of KOC you can order the 2010 Special Collectors Edition from Hooked on Ornaments while supplies last.
Special Repainted Ornament
KOC members have the opportunity to purchasae a limited-quantity repaint of the first in series Frosty Fun Decade ornament, sculpted by Tammy Haddix. This ornament can be ordered by calling 1-800-HALLMARK or by completing the 2010 renewal application. Price is $14.90 (including shipping from Hallmark KOC). Limit one ornament per membership. (Non members can purchase this item through us at http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/ - Frosty Fun Colorway )
For Keeps Online
For Keeps, the KOC membership newsletter will ONLY be available online through KOCmembers.com beginning this year. KOC members with an email address on file will receive email notification when each new issue is posted online. The move is being made to allow for video clips, animations and full rotating images of ornaments. There will be six issues available in 2010.
2010 KOC Membership Cards shipping with Membership ornaments in May
2010 membership cards will be enclosed with membership ornaments that begin shipping in May. The card will be attached in the upper right hand corner of the packing slip. Be sure to peel your membership card off the packing slip and put it in a safe place. You'll need your card to purchase the limited-quantity Club Exclusive ornaments available at your local Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
Special Bonus Points for KOC Members
Turn in your Wish List (included in your KOC Special Edition Dream Book) to your local Hallmark Gold Crown retailer by June 1st and receive 500 Bonus Points to your Hallmark Gold Crown account.
Friday, April 9, 2010
These 'collecting friends' keep a busy calendar.
Timely Treasures is highlighted in the March/April For Keeps Local Club Spotlight. (This club is close to my heart, as one of its members, is one of my favorite Hallmark friends. Hi Donna!) I only wish there was a club this active and involved in my area. The beginning of the For Keeps article starts off with the same thought - "Keeping a local club active and engaged takes a team of folks pitching in - planning, organizing and doing." Surprisingly, the article indicates the club doesn't even have a president! Just a core group of members that keep things running smoothly.
As in all local clubs, the members share a passion for collecting and decorating, but the club's main focus has been on charitable works. This year their cause has gone national and they've added a challenge to other Hallmark local clubs. As Donna Schweiger explains, "Our goal is to have 100 local clubs donate $100 each to the Susan G Komen Foundation in honor of Hallmark's 100th birthday." I LOVE it!
Throughout the year Timely Treasures has a schedule of activities that are not only fun, but truly beneficial and most importantly, I know that they are appreciated by the recipients. Donations to local food pantries and Valentines for nursing home residents were the activities for January and February for Timely Treasures.
From experience, I can tell you that you can always count on members of Timely Treasures to be in attendance at the Hallmark Keepsake national events. (I was delighted to run into Donna last year in Kansas City.) The For Keeps article hints at some interesting and fun local club meetings too - Sneak peeks, show and tells, and their own version of Antique Roadshow.
What a wonderful and inspiring Hallmark local club!
Would your local club like to accept the challenge and contribute?
Participating clubs may mail in a check or donate online:
Online at Susan G Komen For the Cure
If donating online you can choose In Honor of and enter "Hallmark's 100th Anniversary or Birthday"
or mail your donation to:
Susan G Komen for the Cure
ATTN: Donor Services
PO Box 650309
Dallas TX 75265-0309
Once your club has accepted the challenge or made their donation email Donna to let her know. Challenge and donation results will be shared with Hallmark Cards. Timely Treasures is hoping to complete the challenge by October, Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Here's a link to the map that tracks where donations have been received from - FUN! Thank you Herb!
and for members of local clubs out there - SPREAD THE WORD!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
New ornament series offer years of collecting fun
After 20 years and more than 50 Keepsake ornaments based on Star Trek, Keepsakes finally has its first "official" Star Trek series with Star Trek Legends. Who better to start with than Captain James T Kirk. The series will feature characters from the 1960s television show that began it all. The figures in the series will be larger and more detailed thatn the characters on the Star Trek magic ornaments.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Putting sparkle and shine on a Hallmark symbol
AND ... be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter ... we are currently offering a FREE insulated mug and totebag! Coupon codes can be found on our Social Media pages. (Limit one of each per customer.) - Offers will end on Tuesday, April 13th
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Hallmark Cards' 100th anniversary was officially Jan 10, 2010, but Hallmark will be celebrating all year long! Here's how you can join in on the celebration.
- Visit Hallmark.com's centennial-themed website and enjoy a visit behind the scenes with a video tour of the creative process, an employee blog and learn about significant people and products in Hallmark's history.
- Look for a beautifully illustrated book, Hallmark: A Century of Caring. This book chronicles the Hall family, as well as others who have helped shape the Hallmark brand. The book is available at Hallmark Gold Crown stores and other participating book sellers. Hallmark employees received personal copies of the book as a gift!
- This summer you'll find a special collection of greeting cards that feature designs from the Hallmark archives updated with fresh looks and sound! Card images and messages from as early as 1915 will be given makeovers by the Hallmark innovations team. Each card will include information about its original background as well as other fun facts.
- Birthday cards created by participants in Hallmark's Your Greeting Card Competition will be available online later this year, top-selling cards will also be available in stores.
- Check out fun videos on YouTube to catch a glimpse of the Hallmark 100th Birthday Cake! and other centennial celebration videos.
- For Hallmark Keepsake Ornament collectors a commemorative centennial ornament featuring holiday themes will be available in stores beginning in July.